tisdag, januari 09, 2007

caught up

Ok, I've got a few things to cover and I'll be pretty brief about it. I have recieved wonderful objects in the last couple of weeks and I want to share them with you.

First off though, take a good look at the record cover below. In case you are not already aware, the album is called "Imagine a house" and the group is Testbild!. It is an absolutely astonishing album, which continues to woo me. It was released in 2006 and if you trust my judgement in any way I urge you to check it out somehow. These are valuable hyperlinks:
Friendly Noise
Testbild! my.space



When I came home after having spent NYE in Malmö (thanks gang) I found this little gem on my doormat:



I only recently told you about Fang Bomb, and it's things like this that seperates the great from the good. Nice presentation.

My dear friend Johan plays in a self proclaimed rock and roll band called Scraps of Tape. Their new brand new album arrived from the pressing plant last week and he was kind enough to give me a copy. He also did the nice artwork, complete with a detailed and uplifting photo collage. Scraps of Tape will be doing it real big in Europe this spring so go see them.



And finally...



David gave me this just before leaving Gothenburg right before Christmas and I've only recently had the time to get into it. It is now, oddly enough one might think, my refurnished kitchen soundtrack. And let me tell you; when the space rock starts kicking in it brings the house down.
I am sad to announce the fact that Gothenburg has lost its great Bluesman, Sir David Bremer. Stockholm better treat him well. I hope to see him back here soon. Get this tape by shouting at http://www.myspace.com/hundliv (I guess). It's Doglife.

Bonus beats:

I downloaded this track off the Mad Decent blog at seven this morning. To hear it, just barely hazily awake, was nice.

O.Lamm sent an email saying that he did a mix of brazilian music. Get it here. It starts off with Baden Powell. Good things.