tisdag, oktober 12, 2004

the "PopArt" DVD, part 1.



Neil Tennant: "Oh yeah."

(Laughter)

"It's the notorious "Home & Dry" video...Which I *still* like."

I finally got myself together and bought the Pet Shop Boys "PopArt" DVD. Had I only fully grasped the pleasure that it has come to bring me, this would have happened much sooner. The sticker on the sleeve reads "includes 41 videos featuring fully remastered audio and video, plus 3 hour band commentary." As I already knew at least 90% of these videos, the "3 hour band commentary" is where it's at. It is very interesting. It is hilarious to say the least. Revisiting all my favourite clips, pictures that - strange as it may seem - at one point actually influenced my hairstyle and the way I *wanted* to dress, is great. And to do it in the company of Neil Tennant, Chris Lowe and Chris Heath is pure perfection.

Watch the "Home & Dry" video here;

http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/mediaroom/streamingVideo.asp?song=155

It is without a doubt the strangest video they ever made. That is all for now.

Neil Tennant: "Oh yeah."

(Laughter)

"It's the notorious "Home & Dry" video...Which I *still* like."

(...)

Chris Heath: "That one's art, not pop, isn't it?"

Neil Tennant: "That's art, yeah. But the song is pop."