söndag, februari 20, 2005

let him run wild (actual BLOG entry!!!)

It is Sunday and Douglas is finally sleeping after a few hours of frantic running around and biting. I am sitting by the computer, writing about two records that I love. Not for elefanten, but I guess you will hear more about this later on anyway.
Anyway, I would like to mention two Swedish acts that I think deserve some recognition.


The Female Anchor of Sade is something so rare as a Swedish band with a manifesto. The manifesto kicks off with a Nietzche-quote and continues; "It didn't really turn out the way we wanted. To get lost, to wander with the unrepresentable, it was the greatest experience so far." I do not no the origin of these words and the massive chunk of text that follows them, but I just love these two sentences. It compliments their dubbed out post-whatever music wonderfully. Writing "Thanks for all contemporary rock" in bold letters in their manifesto, the witty and imaginative agenda of The Female Anchor of Sade is only matched by The Embassy. And by later adding "We are still very much right here. We're the true rappers of contemporary Sweden.", their brilliance stands forever unquestioned in my mind. More about The Female Anchor of Sade here.


This summer I saw an artist called LeBombe at Festival Rydal. He was a breath of fresh at the festival (as was pretty much anyone who wasn't a british man with a laptop.) The highlight of his set was how he started one of the songs on his cd player, listened for a few seconds and proceeded to declare; "oh!...i recognize this song!". You can download 22 (!) songs by LeBombe right here. I can't say that I exactly love all of them, but there are definatly a few hits to be found. My favourites are "Jag vill bli könsförrädare" (best title of the century), "Utan titel (God Morgon)" (which sounds a bit like bob hund when they still were good. and i swear it's not only the accent.) and "Hjärnan". Honorable mention goes out to the interpolation of Whitney's "It's not right but it's ok" in "Kroniskt Fat Mix".

When I get some money for being such an excellent student (25th of february), I will get my hands on the following items:

Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy! The world is holy! The soul is holy! The Deathprod-boxen is holy!


Holy the supernatural extra brilliant intelligent kindness of the soul!